New Stock Market Competition

Well done to Fifth Year students, Darragh Cuddy and Shane Reilly, who have just set up a private game on a virtual stock exchange website. They are making this game open to all students in St. Gerald’s.

All you have to do is set up an account which only requires an e-mail address and join the game. It’s a pretty easy site to use. The game runs from tonight until New Year’s Eve and each player get $1,000,000 to start off with and can join anytime from now until then.

To take part in the competition:

Game ID:Castlebar  (this is case-sensitive)
Game Password: The password has been changed. Email vse [at] geralds [dot] ie to get the new password.

You should take part in the competition. It’s a great way to test your stock trading skills.

Go to the the VSE website and register and then join the game.

I have joined the game myself. I am trading under the name buffet101.

Advertisements

15 Responses to “New Stock Market Competition”

1. 1 BullMarket1992 September 29, 2008 at 8:38 pm

What a mess! I was almost €20,000 up on freddie mac at 6.30, prompting me to invest heavily and suddenly at just before seven the banking market plummeted and i ended up losing over $150,000. Managed to sut my losses and sell everything and ended up with a 17% loss for the day. Not the best start.

2. 2 Joe September 30, 2008 at 8:27 pm

This is somewhat competitive but frustrating.
    Its a great application though, i feel determined to get ahead of buffet-101 in profit for a laugh.
    The only set back i have had so far is wal-mart, i didn’t research it so its my own set back, however, its not over till its over.

Good luck lads

3. 3 Mark Berger October 1, 2008 at 7:50 pm

If you guys want to win some real money, Wall Street Survivor, another Fantasy Stock Market game site, offers over $20,000 a month in prizes to the top traders.

4. 4 cg October 1, 2008 at 9:35 pm

look out mr mclovin i am jus after gamblin heavy and if it comes off i wil b winning in no time.i am now really hooked on this competition and now its getting exciting..game on

5. 5 BullMarket1992 October 1, 2008 at 11:40 pm

11.77% profit today, I’m back in business!lol Sold all my financial related shares tonight so with a bit of luck it might crash tomorrow and screw up everyone else’s portfolio…

6. 6 Mr. Hannon October 2, 2008 at 5:12 pm

The poor run for mining stocks continues. RTP and BHP both down again today. Financial stocks continue to recover. Good to see the numbers joining the game.

7. 7 dggeraghty October 2, 2008 at 5:41 pm

this gane is getting very interesting,ive lost nearly $6000 on apple,but ive gained $38000 on national city corporation,the stock market is very changeable,im getting hooked on this now,well see what happens in the next few weeks.

8. 8 BullMarket1992 October 2, 2008 at 7:32 pm

Neck and Neck between myself and joe at the bottom, having an alright day considering the amount of red on the stock market.

9. 9 dgeraghty October 2, 2008 at 7:46 pm

not a very good market,all my shares are looseing value especially aib gone down 40000,i bought them to late!!!it might pick up hopefully!!!

10. 10 J_K October 7, 2008 at 8:41 pm

Any chance of AIB recovering by December or should I seel up now?!!!!

11. 11 BullMarket1992 October 7, 2008 at 10:00 pm

SELL AIB is the order of the day I think as i can’t see an increase in profits for the forseeable future. I’m definetely staying away from financials fo the next few weeks, way to volatile. Good to see gas prices on the way up as well as a small recovery in mining stocks.

12. 12 daragh October 10, 2008 at 10:38 pm

theres no point selling aib just yet, i mean they have plunged in value over the past few days the only way is up.
    your bound to get a much better price between now and then

13. 13 shanereilly October 11, 2008 at 12:12 am

Ya I’ve no doubt AIB’s share price will rise, its more or less inevitable, but I’m looking at this competition, will AIB increase before New Years Eve? Only time will tell, but at the moment there isn’t much confidence in financial institutions. Hopefully this will soon change.

14. 14 J_K October 18, 2008 at 3:30 pm

Google is turning out to be the winner. Great stock.

Tip: Buy Bank of Ireland shares now. They are down to around €3, having been at €18 a few months ago. I’ve bought a few thousand.

1. 1 VSE Stock Competition Winner « SGC Business Trackback on January 16, 2009 at 4:40 pm