What’s your idea?

The Ideas CampaignAs the Irish economy continues to be in recession and it looks like the Government has no coherent plan to revive economic growth, maybe it’s time we put forward our own ideas to help rebuild the economy.

You can now submit your ideas or just leave a message of support for a new online campaign to help us get out of recession.

Go to The Ideas Campaign website and put forward your own suggestions.

Advertisements

7 Responses to “What’s your idea?”

1. 1 joe March 9, 2009 at 10:31 pm

This is a great idea.

If only the government had the ability to honor what ir says.

Every member of the community (eire) knows what must be done,what risks and what tasks must be taken.

Yet the government seem to push these aside and continue their,”the banks,the banks, we need to help that banks”.

Well here, help the people of Ireland and leave the banks be till spending picks up.

so much to say, so little space

2. 2 Niall March 10, 2009 at 12:38 pm

The terms & conditions of that site are “interesting”…

By submitting the idea you are thereby granting The Ideas Campaign the perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right to use, reproduce, copy, modify, edit, translate, publish, display, post, transmit, distribute or part company with your submitted idea without any compensation to you, anonymously or in the aggregate, for internal or external purposes, alone or as part of other works in any form, media or technology.

3. 3 Daragh March 11, 2009 at 6:45 pm

In fairness joe, we have no economy if we have no banks.
    The government will certainly have to do alot better than their recap plan, i would think they might go down the road of an insurence scheme like the uk or mabe use Anglo as a “Bad bank” where AIB and BOI could dump their loans.

I think in the mini budget thing, their will be alot of taxes going up.VAT,third band of income tax, a social welfare freeze due to deflation, stamp duty,cigarettes, alcohol, petrol,etc.

small/medium businesses should not be hit too bad as the government needs them to secure jobs for people.

4. 4 joe March 11, 2009 at 11:26 pm

Yeah your right.
    I mean , as it stands. Every individuals ideas seem to be the best , since our government has none.
    huh, the government was elected to run our country, to secure for us, to make the right choices , etc

it seems to me that they have failed every one of those duties . As everyone know.
    Personally,I dont think we’ll ever see ireland take off again. maybe not for 15,20 years.

The SEPTIC TIGER had it’s last grower in july 08.

5. 5 Mr. Hannon March 12, 2009 at 5:29 pm

Don’t want to go too much off topic but as we mentioned in class last week, Fianna Fáil are now using Facebook, Youtube and Twitter and you can forward your questions to An Taoiseach.

Here’s the reply I received today by email:

Dear …….,

Over the last two weeks, people from all over the country have been submitting their questions for me through the new Fianna Fáil website. I received over a thousand questions on a vast number of topics. Given the overwhelming number you submitted, I’ve only been able to answer a selection of the most popular questions. I’d like to thank each of you for putting these questions to me.

Most questions concerned the global economic crisis that faces Ireland. I want to share my answers with you so you can best understand how I and my Government intend to lead Ireland out of these difficult times.

Watch my answers here:

I answered questions about our banking system and the limits that the Government is going to place on bankers’ pay and bonuses. I listened and responded to your legitimate concerns about the pension levy we’ve been forced to impose for the good of the country’s finances. I hear the call for the country to pull together in difficult times and ask our political opponents to contribute their best ideas for the good of Ireland and its people. We have to work tirelessly – together.

Take a few minutes to watch my answers to your questions:

I want to lead Ireland out of this recession into a new type of economy – smarter, flexible and more diverse. I’ve got a plan for the next five years that will create new knowledge-based jobs and industries, intensify research and development and make our country the best possible place to start a new business.

I’m optimistic about Ireland’s future. I believe in the ability of the Irish people to work hard and to show our inherent ingenuity to bring us out of this economic crisis. Things will not get better straight away, but over the coming months and years, they will. We need to prepare for and work towards recovery.

I ask you to join me in standing up for Ireland’s future.

Brian Cowen